Saturday, March 01, 2008

THE Movie List of 2008! :P

The long-awaited list has now been released. Renae's Top 10 Favourite Movies. Behold.

1. Looking for Alibrandi.

2. The Love Letter. (It was a telemovie. I only saw it once, but I loved it.)

3. Dirty Dancing.

4. Across the Universe.

5. Sliding Doors.

6. Moulin Rouge.

7. Amelie.

8. Pride and Prejudice (BBC).

9. Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

10. Love Actually.

Close runners-up: James Bond - all of them from Sean Connery to Timothy Dalton, Bridget Jones' Diary, The Lake House, Juno.

You might notice a few trends! Good soundtrack (i.e. Moulin Rouge, Across the Universe, Dirty Dancing).. the theme of parallel times (The Love Letter, Sliding Doors, The Lake House). But you can't beat Looking for Alibrandi. It's a classic. The best scene: John's funeral, with U2 singing "With or Without You". Sigh.

4 comments:

adrian said...

ooooh i noticed a trend!

They're all chick flicks? except for men in tights.. I think that was written for weird people.

;)

Astrid said...

pride and prejudice is awesome of coouse it has to be the bbc one. I always wanted to see amelie

BSJ-rom said...

Men in Tights is still a chickflick. One of the best, granted. (I say that based on the story line, rather than on the telling of the story.)

I'm shattered that the Castle didn't make it. Never heard of Across the Universe. And what about Casablanca (or the bugs bunny version "Carrot-blanca"...sigh...)

Renae said...

Oops.. I didn't even notice they were all chick flicks. Heh heh.

Yep Astrid, you and I shall have to watch Amelie sometime.

Erm, I strongly dislike The Castle. Across the Universe is a movie just came out recently, with an entirely Beatles soundtrack. It was on at the State, perhaps at Village too.