Thursday, January 31, 2008

READ THIS THEN SCROLL DOWN, COUNT TO TEN AND THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU! Yet to be proven a scam.***

When I read the following bit of 2 Peter last night, it reminded me a lot of laziness. Because I think when we fall into laziness, apathy, or whatever you want to call it, we still know that we've been saved through our faith in Jesus, but we forget what we've been saved from. Once we're saved, we're no longer slaves to what we used to be, when we were controlled by our sinful nature. But when we get lazy, we often revert back to a lot of our past ways, while still having faith. But this part of the Bible talks about the whole sanctifying process of adding to your faith and not going back to being nearsighted, and forgetting what you've been saved from.

2 Peter 1: 5-11

Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

-----

On another note, why are people more into Facebook now than reading blogs? Facebook is great, don't get me wrong, but blogs are far more thought-provoking and personal, and minus the pressure to add applications to see how your friends rate your hotness and whether or not he's your soul mate.. (latest applications I was invited to join - Is he your soulmate? and What kind of kisser are you?) Point made!

***Didn't I fool you.

9 comments:

Michael said...

Laziness, the bane of my life! It's something that is hard to fight against, subtly harder than many other parts of the sinful nature. Simply because it's not that you keep doing something wrong, but you're NOT doing what you should. That passage is really encouraging. :-)


I think facebook is being used more because it's easy to get something out of, even if it's very superficial. Blogs take time and effort to do well, even if they are more thought-provoking. It's like a trashy sitcom versus a quality drama. Many people just go for the sitcom...

I've got rather bored with facebook. It's pretty good for a "a social utility that connects
you with the people around you". But trying to use all those useless applications to make it more than that? I'm not too convinced...

BSJ-rom said...

The love of my life will fall in love with me... I don't even know who that is... I mean, it could be any random stranger. Anyways... laziness... leads to more and more problems...

It's pretty cool the way in which the passage is dynamic. Your life is constantly changing - but which direction are you going

{My mind is thinking about calculus at the moment. Vector calculus, even. One of those annoying things that I know about, but don't know how to use. Oh well.}

Back on the topic.

, what is your rate of change? There's a promise that we can be filled with increasing measures of good things. There's always that room for improvement. And we will be effective and productive in our knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ok, not making a lot of sense, but, time to be completely outlandish and state that cannibals eat sushi too, not to mention raspberries and broccoli.

Right, now this is starting to look like one of those spam emails with randomly generated text. Sorry about the nib broke on the trimaran toe without influenza. Sally rowed alone by five thiry three.

Anyway, as I was saying, Facebook is far less personal for the most part. Actually, I think you were saying that. It's far less work. And people are insomniac for the economy, so they don't have time to maintain their blogs. We mustn't be working hard enough.

Renae said...

We should have a blog bible study. It would involve blogging about the bile and then getting comments. Then responding to comments. How personal would that be!

Yeah I like that comment Michael. My blog is like a quality drama. At least that's how I choose to take your comment. ;) But yeah it's so true. Trashy facebook always wins out, as much as I love it. You're bored with facebook hey? Yeah I just get on there these days to select "ignore" on all my invitations to add applications.

Jerome, you are random. Thanks for your random comments, keep up the randomness. But it's a good sign that vector calculus is on your mind, I'm sure it aids you in many ways. Strangely, your whole comment made sense even though it had random inserts of trains of thought. It all gelled. Maybe people need to do that, just insert their {I'm hungry, I need another raspberry white chocolate muffin} thoughts in the middle of sentences. Then we'd know exactly what they were thinking! :)

BSJ-rom said...

Dammit. You're making me hungry.

For the record, my dear sister is down from where ever she's been (Alice Springs this time) and she called just at that point in time when my presence in the conversation circle was described as awkward...

I'd prefer, though, that you didn't blog about the bile, particularly not with the insertion of pics and taste test, etc.

Anyway, I'm feeling bleh. Or is it meh? I'm not sure. Hmmph.Actually, I think it's grmeh. Slightly disenchanted, but not overly concerned - can't give a damn. I'd like to see the little facebook app face for that "How I feel at the moment" thingo.

Renae said...

Hahaha.. insert "b". Taste test, what the?? :O

BSJ-rom said...

Yeah, I can't imagine a bile taste test would be all that pleasant...

But blogging about the bible, well that's another story... and if we can get some of Kath's muffins, you know, rather than fortune cookies, we could have memory muffins and the taste tests would be quite worthwhile.

My head's still going up and down like I've been on a boat, but last time I was on a boat was Saturday...

Astrid said...

oh when is my ove going to pop up when when !!. I got into facebook as part of my procastination

BSJ-rom said...

You're slack.

Renae said...

Shoosh.