Monday, November 12, 2007

Europa

I booked and paid for (in full, yikes, I'm broke) my tickets to Europe this morning. The plan is to leave in late April, flying Hobart - Sydney -Beijing - Frankfurt - Copenhagen. It was quite expensive to fly into Copenhagen, but that's where I'm meeting my friend. I think we'll go to Bornholm (island, part of Denmark, off the coast of Sweden) straight away for the weekend, so I'll be dead. Then we'll probably spend a few days together in Copenhagen where she lives. Next I'll leave her and travel around Denmark and then to Berlin. I'm doing a loop of northern Europe with Busabout starting early May in Berlin. That'll take me to Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich, Paris, Bruges and Amsterdam. Then I'm training from Berlin to Lucerne (Switzerland) and on to Nice in France, which I'm more looking forward to more than anywhere else. Then to Milan (Italy) where I'll fly to Athens and then straight on to Santorini. Then home via Athens, Frankfurt and Beijing again, getting back late in June.

Got that? Good, cos I haven't! I'm super excited about it all but there's lots of planning and asking for people's advice. I've never been overseas before so hopefully it goes smoothly.. well smoothly is unlikely :P so hopefully nothing too tragic happens. What do you think, anyone who's been these places before or have thought about it? Where would you go/not go?

4 comments:

Astrid said...

wow heaps of cool places I wish I could come but I defn wouldn't have enough funds for a long time

BSJ-rom said...

Gee, somebody's getting even slacker than me on the blog... what's going on???

You started checking out those whales? Is whale-watching a form of voyeurism or something?

Anyway, stop being slack.

Renae said...

Yo. Yeah I've taken 3 tours now (as in did the commentary) and saw my first ever whales the first time! Whales on my first tour, dolphins on my second, and more whales on my third, which were up really close and breaching! It was awesome.

What's voyeurism? I may have an idea, but I can't be bothered looking it up to check.

I will stop being slack if you do.

BSJ-rom said...

I don't get it... you've seen whales and dolphins and run tours and all that, yet you only blog about it in a comment section on Europa... c'mon, get your act together girl!