Monday, August 27, 2007

The long and winding road

It's funny.. I went up north to visit my family this weekend and missed a few classes to get back later today. It was a nice long 4-5 hour (not sure, can't remember) trip, but I went up there with Adrian, whose parents also live up on the coast, so I didn't actually have to drive.

Funny thing is (I mentioned it was funny) that home up there doesn't feel at all like home anymore! At the beginning of uni I used to get a buzz going that final leg of the journey up north, driving up the hill to the house, thinking I was going home, but now the buzz is (believe it or not) driving back over that hill on the Brooker coming into Hobart, where you see the city and river and mountain all of a sudden. It was a definite realisation, this time round.

On an unrelated note, I've been going back to this video a lot lately, to watch it again and again. (Don't know how to post youtube videos yet). Oh and the topic of this post? Well we drove a long way today on a long (maybe not so winding) road.. Oh the joys of the Midlands! Sheep. Tree. Hill. Sheep. Ned Kelly. Tree. Hedge animal. Sheep..

1 comment:

BSJ-rom said...

The trip back is always quicker - as soon as you see the mountain you're home. I don't know any of the landmarks up north really, so the last bit goes just as slowly as the rest of it...